WALTON, KY (FOX19) - Crews worked to put out a a two-alarm fire in Walton, KY Tuesday evening that at one point had trapped some people on the deck of the building.
Boone County dispatchers received a call at around 6:30 pm that there was a fire at a residence on the 12600 block of McCoys Fork Road. Reportedly, people were trapped on the second floor deck of the residence, but they have been rescued.
According to the crews on the scene, the fire started when fire from a bar-b-que caught the siding of the house. That fire then spread to the attic, and then throughout the house.
The family, which includes 16 children, were all unharmed.
Departments from Walton, Verona, Union, and Florence all responded to the fire.