Careless smoking sparks fire at mobile home - Cincinnati News, FOX19-WXIX TV

Careless smoking sparks fire at mobile home

ELSMERE, KY (FOX19) -

Firefighters in Elsmere battled a fire at a mobile home park Friday morning.

It happened around 12:45 a.m. in the Allendale Mobile Home Park.

When firefighters arrived, they found a single wide mobile home approximately 50 percent involved and the fire threatening adjacent homes.

There was extensive damage to the home, however a large majority of the home was saved and there was no damages to neighboring homes.

Fire Investigators determined the fire was caused by careless smoking. Damage to property and contents is estimated at $10,000. No civilians or fire personnel were injured. Red Cross was on-scene to assist the family as well.

Copyright 2011 FOX19. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by Frankly