Construction resumes on Cincinnati's casino - Cincinnati News, FOX19-WXIX TV

Construction resumes on Cincinnati's casino

CINCINNATI, OH (FOX19) -

Construction crews have resumed work on Cincinnati's Horseshoe Casino.

On Monday, workers restarted all of the heavy equipment.

Last week, Governor John Kasich's office and developer Rock Gaming came to a resolution on their tax fight that had halted the project in May.

However, the group American Policy Roundtable says the new deal is unconstitutional and is threatening legal action.

There is no word from the governor's office on this possible lawsuit.

State Rep. Alicia Reece says she hope the project will still move forward.

"I hope that doesn't muddy up the waters in terms of this project moving forward," said Reece. "I'm told that it won't, that people are people are continuing to work. We understand that there are people are on all sides of this issue I'm just hoping it doesn't affect jobs."

The projected opening date for the $400 million casino is in the spring of 2013.

The building will be the same size and the same scope as before, with an estimated 2,100 construction workers and 1,700 full-time, permanent employees.

Copyright 2011 FOX19. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by Frankly