Fort Thomas house fire caused by fireworks - Cincinnati News, FOX19-WXIX TV

Fort Thomas house fire caused by fireworks

FORT THOMAS, KY (FOX19) -

Fort Thomas firefighters battled a 3-alarm house fire Sunday night that was caused by fireworks.

Crews responded to Villagrande Boulevard just before 10 p.m.

The homeowner told crews that someone had fired fireworks through the window and ignited the house. Everyone in the house was able to make it out okay.

The fire was mostly contained to an upstairs bedroom in the home. The home also suffered some smoke damaged in the hallway and water damage on the first floor.

The Fort Thomas Police Department is investigating the case.

Copyright 2011 FOX19. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by Frankly