Trial in 11 Cleveland slayings resumes after break - Cincinnati News, FOX19-WXIX TV

Trial in 11 Cleveland slayings resumes after break

CLEVELAND (AP) -

Jurors return from a long holiday weekend in the Cleveland trial of a man charged with killing 11 women and dumping their remains around his house.

Testimony broke off Thursday in the case of 51-year-old Anthony Sowell. The judge told members of the jury to be ready to come back Tuesday to a full day, beginning at 8 a.m.

Last week was the first week of testimony, highlighted by three women who said Sowell choked and tried to kill them. Prosecutors say the women had been lured to the house with drugs.

Sowell has pleaded not guilty. He could face the death penalty if convicted.

The trial may last through most of the summer.

(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press.  All Rights Reserved.)

Powered by Frankly