Downtown Cincinnati will host a Gay Pride Parade on Sunday afternoon and motorists should be aware of road closures during the event.
The Gay Pride Parade will be held Sunday, July 10 at 1:00pm. It will start on Fifth Street neat Sentinel Street and travel west to Race Street, then north on Race where it will end in the parking lot south of Sixth Street.
Fifth Street between Vine Street and Walnut Street will close at 11:00am.
The parade staging area will require the following streets to close at 11:00am to 3:00pm:
- Culvert Street- closed between Reedy Street and Fifth Street
- Sentinel Street- closed between Fifth Street and Eggleston Avenue
- Seventh Street- closed between Broadway and Culvert Street
- New Street- closed between Broadway and Culvert Street
The following streets will close at 12:30pm to 3:00pm while the parade begins:
- Fifth Street- closed between Elm Street and Sentinel Street
- Race Street- closed between Sixth Street and Fifth Street
- Vine Street- closed between Fourth St and Sixth Street (access will be maintained to hotels)
- Walnut Street- closed between Sixth Street and Fourth Street (access will be maintained to garage)
- Main Street- closed between Fourth Street and Sixth Street
- Sycamore Street- closed between Sixth Street and Fourth Street
- Broadway- closed between Fourth Street and Sixth Street
After the parade, the Equinox Cincinnati celebration will be held at Fountain Square. The event will cause Fifth Street between Vine Street and Walnut Street to be closed until 10:00pm.
There will be posted detour signs to direct motorists around the closed streets.