CINCINNATI, OH (FOX19) - Super Hero Weekend is here at Great American Ball Park. The weekend schedule is below.
Friday, July 15 - Cincinnati Reds vs. St. Louis Cardinals, 7:10pm - Cardinals series presented by Kroger
- Super Duper Fireworks Show: A special "Super Duper Fireworks Show" in honor of Super Hero Weekend, with a soundtrack inspired by your favorite superheroes, presented by Furniture Fair.
- 2011 WSL Stadium Power Tour featuring the Long Haul Bombers: Pregame and post-game festivities will showcase the biggest sluggers in the World Softball League.
- Free Agent Fridays: Kick off your weekend with happy hour drink specials, music and 700WLW's Marc Amazon hosting the ultimate battle of the sexes Reds trivia contest in the Fan Zone before the game. Presented by Mynt Martini.
- National Anthem: Cincinnati's own Kathy Wade will sing the National Anthem.
- Make It Official: City of Cincinnati residents can sign a petition in the Fan Zone this homestand to make Reds Opening Day an officially recognized holiday.
- Here's to our Heroes: USN Petty Officer Jonathan Dixon from Kettering will be honored tonight as part of Budweiser's "Here's to our Heroes" military salute program.
Saturday, July 16 - Cincinnati Reds vs. St. Louis Cardinals, 7:10pm - Cardinals series presented by Kroger
- Aroldis Chapman Action Figure: The first 30,000 fans will receive a free Aroldis Chapman Action Figure, presented by Chiquita.
- Here's to our Heroes: Jake Rinker from the USAF 13th Air Support Operations Squadron at Fort Carson, CO will be honored tonight as part of Budweiser's "Here's to our Heroes" military salute program.
- Marshall Univ. Night: Over 500 faculty, staff, students and alumni from Marshall University will be in attendance for the fifth annual Marshall Night.
- Umps Care: Umpires from today's game are hosting local children awaiting adoption and at-risk youth from single parent families. Guests are escorted to the field and get a behind-the-scenes tour of the ballpark with an umpire. Umps Care Charities is non-profit established by MLB umpires to provide financial, in-kind and emotional support for America's youth and families in need.
- Cordero Field Dedication: A renovated baseball field at Pioneer Park in Kenton County, Ky, underwritten by closer Francisco Cordero and the Reds Community Fund, will be renamed and dedicated on Saturday, July 16 at 10:30 a.m.
Sunday, July 17 - Cincinnati Reds vs. St. Louis Cardinals, 1:10pm - Cardinals series presented by Kroger
- Kids Superhero Cape: The first 10,000 kids 14 and younger will receive a superhero cape featuring a special Reds shield logo, presented by Frisch's.
- Aaron's Aces by Jay Bruce: Jay Bruce is carrying on the tradition of honoring local military families by continuing the Aaron's Aces ticket program created by former teammate and friend Aaron Harang. Jay sponsors a group in the Sun Deck for each Sunday home game. Guests get a ticket to the game, a custom camouflage Jay Bruce cap and will be recognized during the game on the big screen.
- ALS Awareness: Today is the 10th annual ALS Awareness Day. Pregame ceremonies will highlight the partnership between the Reds with the Central & Southern Ohio chapter of the ALS Association.
- Here's to our Heroes: U.S. Navy Lieutenant Jared Wilhelm from Mason will be honored today as part of Budweiser's "Here's to our Heroes" military salute program.
- Dannon Run the Bases Days: Fans of all ages can line up along the first base concourse after the game to run the bases.
Reds Hall of Fame & Museum: A limited supply of the third bobblehead in the five-bobblehead Johnny Bench series remains available. Bobbleheads are free with full-price paid admission to the Reds Hall of Fame and Museum this Friday and Saturday, while supplies last. The third bobblehead in the series depicts Bench in his catching gear in 1983, the last of his 17 seasons with the Reds.
Reds Community Fund: The fifth annual Reds Community Fund Summer Wiffle® Classic is back on Sat., Aug. 6 at the Mason Sports Park. This is the premier Wiffle® tournament in the Midwest. Teams from all over the region will compete for a championship, while qualifying for the Redsfest tournament in December. Fans can register at reds.com/summerwiffle.
Kroger Meal Deal: $7 Kroger Meal Deal this homestand: Hot dog, 16 oz. Coke, bag of Mike-sell's chips and Sargento String Cheese.
Mr. Red's Smokehouse: The featured menu item this homestand at Mr. Red's Smokehouse is smoked quail...being playfully named "Smoked Cardinal".