CINCINNATI (August 1, 2011) — The Cincinnati Reds Hall of Fame & Museum has announced the eight former Reds players who will appear on the Modern Player Ballot for induction into the Reds Hall of Fame in 2012.
Modern Player Candidates are:
• Jeff Brantley, P (1994-97)
• Sean Casey, 1B (1998-2005)
• John Franco, P (1984-89)
• Danny Graves, P (1997-2005)
• Hal Morris, 1B (1990-97; 1999-2000)
• Paul O'Neill, OF (1985-1992)
• Reggie Sanders, OF (1991-1998)
• Scott Sullivan, P (1995-2003)
The Hall of Fame's Election Governance Committee nominated these eight players for the ballot after considering all players who appeared in at least three seasons with the Reds, played within the last 13 seasons and are in at least their third year since last appearing in a Major League game.
Fans may cast their ballots today through August 31 online at RedsMuseum.org and at ballot boxes located at:
• Cincinnati Reds Hall of Fame & Museum
• Great American Ball Park
• Participating Skyline locations
• Participating Montgomery Inn locations
The player receiving the most fan votes will be honored with induction as part of the Reds Hall of Fame's Class of 2012. Fans can vote for up to three players.
Eligible players, managers and executives from more than 13 years ago will be considered for the Veterans Ballot and selected by the Reds Hall of Fame's Veterans Committee.
Together, the Modern Player Ballot and Veterans Ballot results will comprise the 2012 Induction Class and will be announced later this year.