CINCINNATI, OH (FOX19) - Fans in the Tri-State will have the opportunity to get up close to singer, songwriter, actor, dancer and producer Janet Jackson next week.
The pop icon is bringing her Janet Jackson Number Ones: Up Close and Personal Tour to the PNC Pavilion at Riverbend on Thursday, August 11th. Fans will hear songs from Jackson's recent greatest hits collection, "Number Ones."
Jackson has won five Grammy Awards, multiple MTV Awards, Billboard Music Awards and Soul Train Music Awards throughout her career. The pop icon's "Number Ones" album was her second greatest hits compilation. It was released in 2009.
FOX19's Kimberly Holmes Wiggins asked fans throughout the Queen City to submit questions that Jackson agreed to answer. Below, you'll the questions and the answers:
1. You're bringing your "Number Ones, Up Close and Personal Tour" to the PNC Pavilion in August. Can you give us the inside scoop on what Cincinnati fans can expect?
"It is my goal for them to be able to forget their problems, if only for a few hours, and have a good time. This tour is a thank you to all the fans that have supported me throughout my career.
2. What's the one thing you want fans to take away from this tour?
"I want my fans to know that they are loved and appreciated."
3. Out of all of your albums, what is your personal favorite?
4. Rumor is fans will get the chance to see you perform a virtual duet of your 1995 hit "Scream" alongside a video of your late brother Michael Jackson singing his part. Do you ever find that it's tough to sing alongside his image and/or voice? Ever find yourself getting emotional on stage or during practices?
"Performing with Mike is therapeutic. The energy of the Scream is fierce but it makes me smile inside when I hear him, when I hear his voice."
5) It's been two years since your brother Michael Jackson passed away. Fans continue to mourn him, and I'm sure it's been difficult for your family. What are some of your favorite moments with him?
6) You're an icon; a superstar! You continue to push barriers and wow audiences with lyrics, songs and looks. How do you do it? How do you continue to bring fresh ideas, year after year?
7) You've done it all; ruled the singing and the acting worlds. Right now, which one is more fun for you to pursue? And what has been your favorite role/song?
8) You've spent the majority of your life giving your all to your fans and family. Your nieces and nephews seem to absolutely adore you. Will you ever have children of your own?
9) You've worked extremely hard at your craft and are truly talented. Today, we see more and more young people trying to gain celebrity through "roles" in reality shows. What do you think of the trend?
10) Will you be in town long enough to sample some of Cincinnati's best? Some La Rosa's pizza, Graeter's ice cream, or some Skyline or Gold Star chili? And if you've tried it before, what do you think of the delicacies?