Miami University and Xavier University have been named in the list of the best colleges in the nation, according to Forbes Magazine.
In the magazine's "American Top Colleges 2011" list, they rank Miami 46th among public universities nationwide. They also ranked 5th in Forbes' "Best in the Midwest" list and 33rd on the "Best Research Universities" list.
Xavier University has been ranked 184th overall, 157th among private colleges, 36th in the Midwest and 16th in best Master's colleges. Xavier was also named one of the best 376 universities by the Princeton Review.
The rankings are based on five general categories:
- Post-graduate success, which evaluates alumni pay and prominence.
- Student satisfaction that includes professor evaluations and freshman to sophomore year retention rates.
- Student debt, which penalizes schools for high student debt loads and default rates
- Four-year graduation rates
- Competitive awards that awards schools whose students win prestigious scholarships and fellowships like the Rhodes, the Marshall, and the Fulbright.
For the complete list of colleges that were named, CLICK HERE.