CINCINNATI, OH (FOX19) - The driver accused of causing a crash that critically injured a Cincinnati police sergeant has been indicted.
A Hamilton County grand jury indicted Raymond Weathers, 35, on two counts of aggravated vehicular assault and two counts of vehicular assault.
According to court documents, Weathers was driving with a suspended license and was under the influence of drugs when he hit Sgt. Ronald Schaeper head-on on Columbia Parkway on Aug. 16.
Weathers is being held at the Hamilton County Justice Center on a $800,000 bond.
Schaeper's condition improved to 'serious' this week. He remains at University Hospital.
- Cincinnati Police Sgt. in critical condition after Columbia Pkwy. accident
- Drivers say Columbia Parkway is unsafe
- Driver had suspended license in wreck that critically injured Police Sgt.
- Charges filed in crash that critically injured officer
- One man in jail after crash on Columbia Parkway sends 4 to the hospital