CINCINNATI, OH (FOX19) - Xavier University is formally unveiling a free, direct Xavier mobile platform to connect with Xavier information from any type of mobile device.
"Offering a Xavier application on each of the major mobile platforms is important," says Kevin Lavelle, Xavier's director for web and media, "because it allows all of the audiences interested in Xavier – current students, faculty, staff, prospective students, alumni, basketball fans – to stay up-to-date with what's happening here. Mobile devices are a primary way Xavier's various audiences connect to news and information. Xavier's app literally puts campus news, events, maps, photos, videos and contacts at their fingertips."
Like Stanford, Duke, Princeton and Emory Universities, Xavier partnered with Blackboard Mobile to deliver the mobile application. The partnership will allow Xavier to continue to expand its offerings across its mobile platforms in the future. Details can be found at: http://www.xavier.edu/mobile/
Xavier is currently the only school in the area with mobile university apps available on all of the major platforms – Apple (iOS), Android, BlackBerry, and the mobile web app available on any phone with a mobile browser.
These are the current features:
- Directory - Connect Xavier faculty and staff with click to call, click to e-mail and maps of office locations.
- Athletics - Check schedules and news for Xavier Musketeer sports.
- Events - Find everything happening on and around the Xavier campus.
- Maps - Find out exactly where you are and where you need to go.
- Videos - Stream videos from favorite Xavier speakers and faculty right to your phone.
- News - Get the latest headlines, and browse and search recent articles.
- Images - Search, browse, and download Xavier images. Even make one your background wallpaper.
- Emergency - With one click, direct dial campus police or 911 in an emergency.
Xavier Mobile is available on:
iTunes Store: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/xavier/id441567359?mt=8
BlackBerry App World: http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/53390?lang=en
Android Marketplace: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.blackboard.android.central.xavier
For those who cannot access apps, a mobile version for the web is available at http://m.xavier.edu/