(FOX19) - The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet District 6 would like the public to be aware of the following conditions and/or operations that are being reported for highways in District Six.
Motorists should be aware of possible delays or lane closures on the following projects:
I-71/I-75 NB (MP 186-191) CUT IN THE HILL IN KENTON COUNTY REVIVE THE DRIVE – NKY Interstate Project
Northbound I-75 (Cut in the Hill) MP 186-191
- Beginning at 10:00 PM on Friday, October 7th through 5:00 AM on Monday, October 10th, traffic will encounter lane closures between the Dixie Highway (Exit 188) and the Brent Spence Bridge.
- In addition, the Pike Street Entrance Ramp to Northbound I-75 will be closed.
Southbound I-75 (Cut in the Hill) MP 191-186
- Beginning at 10:00 PM on Friday, October 7th through 5:00 AM on Monday, October 10th, traffic will encounter lane closures between the Brent Spence Bridge and the Dixie Highway (Exit 188).
- In addition, this weekend, the I-75/I-71 SB exit ramp to 5th Street will be closed.
Expect Delays! Use Alternate Routes.
I-275 EB (MP 77 to MP 82.4) from US 25 (Dixie Highway) in Kenton County to KY 9 (AA Highway) in Campbell County REVIVE THE DRIVE – NKY Interstate Project
- Nightly lane closures are possible from 7 PM until 7 am on I-275 EB and I-275 WB from US 25, Dixie Highway, to KY 9. Expect delays particularly during peak traffic times.
- The KY 9 entrance ramp to I-275 EB is closed while work is being performed on I-275 EB just east of the bridge over KY 9. This ramp will be closed until the end of October. The detour will be WB on I-275 to KY 16 (exit 79) and back onto I-275 EB.
- The I-275 WB Exit Ramp (Exit 82) to KY 1303 (Turkeyfoot Road), will close at 7:00 PM on Friday, October 7th through Sunday, October 9th. The detour will be I-275 WB to US 25 (Dixie Highway Exit 83) to north on US 25 to Turkeyfoot Road.
I-275 (MP 77 to MP 72) IN CAMPBELL COUNTY REVIVE THE DRIVE – NKY Interstate Project
- Traffic will be restricted to two lanes on I-275 EB from KY 9 to the Combs Hehl Bridge (77 – 72 mile- marker). The lane restriction will remain in place until further notice. Traffic on the I-471 SB interchange ramp to I-275 EB will be restricted to the right lane until further notice. Nightly lane closures are also possible from 7 PM until 7 am on I-275 WB. Use caution when entering the work zone and watch for slowed traffic. Watch for trucks entering and leaving the roadway. Speed limit reduced to 55 mph.
- The I-275 EB Ramp Exit 74 B to I-471 NB will close for reconstruction. This ramp will open no later than 6 AM on Monday, October 10th. Due to this ramp closure, motorist should expect delays on I-75 NB and I-275 EB, especially during morning rush hour. MOTORISTS SHOULD PLAN ACCORDINGLY AND USE ALTERNATE ROUTES such as: I-75 NB, KY 9, I-471 SB to US 27 N, I-275 EB to Kellogg Ave. to I-275 WB. Traffic heading on I-75/I-71 to North of Cincinnati should use I-275 WB to bypass the city.
I-275 WB (MP 77 to MP 82.4) IN KENTON COUNTY REVIVE THE DRIVE – NKY Interstate Bridges Painting Project - Traffic may encounter lane closures nightly on I-75 and I-275 as crews continue with painting operations on the bridges at this interchange. I-75 may be reduced to two lanes of traffic between 7:00 PM and 10:00 PM, and then to one lane of traffic from 10:00 PM to 6:00 AM the following morning. Traffic should use caution when traveling through these restrictions and watch for slowed traffic.
In addition, motorists should watch for painting crews on:
- I -275 EB and WB at the bridge over I-75.
I -75 Asphalt Resurfacing in Boone County and Kenton Counties (MP 166 – 183) REVIVE THE DRIVE – NKY Interstate Project – Paving crews are completing the resurfacing of I-75 between MP 166 and MP 183. Lane closures may be in place both NB and SB between MP 166 (Grant/Boone County Line) to MP 176 just north of the Richwood Exit 175. Only night time work will be done on this resurfacing project beginning at 7 PM until 7 AM the following morning. Traffic should use caution through this work area and watch for slow or stopped traffic.
- On Saturday, October 8th, the KY 18 entrance ramp to SB I-75/I-71 will be closed beginning at 10 PM until 6 AM Monday morning, October 10th so that crews can resurface the ramp. Detour routes will be posted.
- On October 10th, the ramp to the I-75 SB Welcome Center/Rest Area (Exit 177) will be closed beginning at 8 PM until 6 AM the following morning, October 11th so that crews can resurface the ramps. Any visitors already at the facility at the time these ramps are closed will be able to exit the facility.
I-71 NB & SB (59 – 77.7 mile-marker) IN GALLATIN AND BOONE COUNTIES REVIVE THE DRIVE – NKY Interstate Project - Crews will be working during weekdays only beginning Sundays at 10 PM until Fridays at noon. Traffic will be restricted to one lane at various locations through out the limits of the project. Motorists should use caution while traveling through the project and should watch for trucks entering and leaving the work zone.
- Beginning on Monday, October 3, 2011 at 7:00 AM, NB traffic will be restricted to 1 lane beginning at MP 62 until Friday, October 14, 2011 at noon. There WILL be weekend work during this period. All other lane closures NB and SB will adhere to the normal time restrictions starting Monday, October 3 at 7:00 AM to Friday, October 7 at noon and Sunday, October 9, at 10:00 PM to Friday, October 14, at noon.
KYTC District 6 Road Report
- KY 8 (River Road) – KY 8 will be closed to thru traffic in between the 2.3 – 2.5 mile marker for a slide repair. This section of KY 8 is just East of KY 237. Motorists should use KY 2846 (Tanner Road) and KY 237 (North Bend Road) as a detour. The repair project is anticipated to be complete by the end of October, 2011.
- Dixie Highway (US 25) from Mary Grubbs Highway – KY 14 (MP 0.5) to Chambers Road – KY 2951 (MP 2.6) – Traffic may be restricted to a single lane for roadway resurfacing. Please watch for parking restrictions. Please watch for flaggers and for trucks entering and leaving the highway. Expect minor delays.
- KY 237 (North Bend Road) – A major pavement repair project has begun on North Bend Road (KY 237) in between KY 18 and KY 20. Lane restrictions may be in place at various times. Please watch for flaggers and be aware of trucks entering and exiting the highway. Motorists should plan accordingly by taking alternate routes or allowing for more travel time. Expect delays. Beginning today at 4 PM, Cougar Path will be closed until Monday afternoon, October 10th for removing and replacing pavement. Detour will be Connor Road.
- Pleasant Valley Road (KY 237) from US 42 to Rose Petal Drive – As construction continues on this project, please watch for work crews along Pleasant Valley Road (KY 237), Gunpowder Road (KY 237) and the US 42 intersection. Old Toll Road is currently closed to through traffic between KY 237 and Harvey Quast (businesses remain accessible). Please watch for flaggers and be aware of trucks entering and exiting the highway. Motorists are advised that the speed limit has been reduced to 35 MPH through this area. Traffic may be stopped for short periods of time to allow equipment to pass. Expect minor delays.
- Industrial Road (KY 1829) from Dixie Highway (US 25) to Turkeyfoot Road (KY 1303) – As construction continues on this project, please watch for work crews along Industrial Road (KY 1829). Please watch for flaggers and be aware of trucks entering and exiting the highway. Motorists are advised that the speed limit has been reduced to 35 MPH through this area. Traffic may be stopped for short periods of time to allow equipment to pass. Expect minor delays.
- Knollwood Drive at the intersection of John's Hill Road in Highland Heights will be closed starting on October 10th until November 1. The closure is for the construction of the roundabout intersection at New John's Hill, Knollwood, New University and Martha Layne.
- US 27 Racetrack Road to East Nagel Road. (Falmouth to Newport Road) - Road Construction continues on US 27. The work zone will encompass the area between Parkside Drive and Nagel Road (West); flaggers may be used at multiple locations along mainline US 27.
Traffic patterns on the North End near Racetrack Road have switched to a new alignment (use caution and watch for traffic control devices) access to all streets in the area will remain open. Short Siry Road and Boyd Road will be closed. New KY 154 is open and provides access to East Nagel Road and local traffic on Old KY 154. Siry Road is now closed and only open to local traffic, thru traffic should use new Siry Road located 0.2 mile south.
Access to Herringer Road from US 27 in the area of KY 154 is closed; Herringer Road should be accessed via KY 1936 at Grants Lick. Access at KY 1936 is closed at the intersection of US 27. Access to and from KY 1936 will be provided via a detour on the newly constructed pavement (use caution and watch for traffic control devices). Watch for construction equipment entering and leaving the roadway. The speed limit throughout the work-zone is reduced to 45 MPH.
- HWY. 36 – Near intersection of HWY 36 and Notch Lick Road – Construction continues with daily lane closures throughout the daily working hours to construct a retaining wall on HWY. 36. Work is expected to be completed by Friday, October 7th. Expect delays and lane closures during work hours.
- HWY 227 from Carroll – Owen County Line to I-71 Interchange – HWY 227 will have a milling operation this week with shouldering operations to follow. Expect delays and land closures during work hours.
- I-71 South – Rumble strip milling operations will take place from the KY River Bridge South of the Carrollton exit, extending to the Carroll County line. Expect delays and lane closures during work hours.
- I-75 - Resurfacing from mile point 160.9 to the Kenton County line at Crittenden (mile point 166.263) is scheduled to begin on September 19, 2011 with the northbound direction occurring first. Day and night work is possible on this project and motorists should stay alert to the conditions in this area. The speed limit is reduced to 55 MPH in this work zone and double fines are in effect. Be aware of personnel and equipment entering and exiting the work zones. Single lane closures are possible during daytime hours while double lane closures are possible during nighttime hours. Project completion is expected by October 15, 2011.
- US 25 Bridge over the NS Railroad in Williamstown – The bridge carrying US 25 over the Norfolk Southern Railroad is open to traffic, including access to Webb Park. This area will continue to be an active construction zone. Use caution while driving through this work zone, watch for and pay attention to flaggers, as there will continue to be construction personnel, vehicles and equipment entering and leaving traffic lanes. There will also be lane closures and short delays. Because of the construction work in close proximity to the traffic, the speed limit will remain at 25 MPH through the project.
- CYNTHIANA BY-PASS – Off road activity has begun on the new construction of the by-pass. Motorists should be aware of any construction traffic that may enter the roadway along US 27, US 62, KY 32, KY 356 and KY 36. Please be alert to construction equipment and vehicles as you travel along these roadways in the vicinity of the by-pass construction. As the project moves along, further updates will be provided.
- White Oak Pike (KY 356) Bridge over Mill Creek 2.5 miles west of JCT. with KY 36: The bridge over Mill Creek was opened to traffic on Saturday September 24, 2011. This project will continue to be an active construction zone. There will be slight delays from lane closures as the contractor completes this project on or about October 15, 2011. Please watch for trucks and construction equipment in this area. Please slow down and watch for flaggers. The speed limit has been lowered to 45mph through this construction zone.
- I-75 SB AT MP 166-170 – Resurfacing is scheduled to begin on Saturday, October 8th. Day and night work is possible on this project and motorists should stay alert to the conditions in this area. The speed limit is reduced to 55 MPH in this work zone and double fines are in effect. Be aware of personnel and equipment entering and exiting the work zones. Single lane closures are possible during daytime hours while double lane closures are possible during nighttime hours. Project completion is expected by November 30th, 2011.
- KY 8 Highway Avenue - Beginning on Monday, October 17th, City contractors will begin repairing the floodwall closure seal across KY 8 (Highway Avenue). The closure seal is located between Western Avenue and Wright Street in Covington. AA Safety will be handling the traffic control during this project utilizing portable traffic signals. Eastbound and westbound traffic will alternate on the 1 lane of traffic that will remain open during this 4-5 week construction project. Motorists should expect to see delays and should consider using alternative routes during construction.
- US 25 (Dixie Highway) – A curb, gutter and sidewalk installation project has begun on Dixie Highway (US 25) in between Dudley and the Crestview Hills Town Center. Motorists should be aware of a Northbound right lane closure in this area.
- Taylor Mill Road - KY 16 (From Sunbrite Drive to Kleete Road) -Construction is beginning on Taylor Mill Road (KY 16) between Sunbrite Drive and Kleete Road. All traffic patterns will remain in their current location at this time. The speed limit throughout the project will be reduced to 30 MPH. Please watch for flaggers and construction traffic entering and leaving the roadway. A signed detoured is in place for the Oak Ridge Baptist Church to use Clubhouse Drive.
- KY 1120 (12th Street/MLK Blvd.) - Road Construction continues on 12th Street in Covington. Construction activities will take place between the NB I-75 off ramp and Scott Street. The north side of Russell Street is now open to traffic. The north side of Banklick Street will be closed at the intersection of 12th Street/MLK Blvd. Access to and from the north side of Banklick Street will be provided via Holman Street. The north side of Main Street will be closed at the intersection of 12th Street/MLK Blvd. Watch for traffic control devices and construction traffic entering and leaving the roadway. The speed limit throughout the work-zone will be 20 MPH. The intersections of 12th and Main, 12th and Lee, and 12th and Holman will no longer be signalized. The intersections will instead become a 4-Way stop using "Stop Signs".
- KY 607 (Natlee Road) – Construction has begun on the bridge over Eagle Creek near KY 2018 (13.4 mile-marker). One lane will be shut down to traffic to allow for bridge repair work. Traffic will be controlled by a temporary signal. Anticipated completion date is November 15, 2011.