Ashes from fire pit cause fire in Franklin - Cincinnati News, FOX19-WXIX TV

Ashes from fire pit cause fire in Franklin

FRANKLIN, OH (FOX19) -

Firefighters say a container of ashes from an outdoor fire pit caused a house fire in Franklin Sunday afternoon.

The fire started at about 5:30 pm on the 100 block of Evergreen Court. The Franklin Fire Department says that ashes from an outdoor fire pit were put in a container and brought into the house.

However, firefighters say that the ashes were still hot, and caused the house to catch on fire.

The family evacuated the house, and there were no injuries. Firefighters say that there was $30,000 worth of damage to the house, and an undetermined amount of damage was caused to the contents inside the house.

The family is displaced, and is staying with relatives.

Copyright 2011 FOX19. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by Frankly