CINCINNATI, OH (FOX19) - Two people had to be hospitalized because of an apartment fire in Avondale.
The fire broke out at around 1 a.m. Thursday morning on Glenwood Avenue.
Initial arriving fire units reported a working fire on the first floor of a two-story brick apartment building with people trapped above the fire
Two occupants had to be rescued via interior stairs to the outside. Four occupants total were rescued. Two of them were taken to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries and the other two were treated at the scene.
The cause and origin has yet to be determined.
Damage is estimated at $40,000.00 dollars. It is unknown if smoke detectors were operational at this time. Fifty firefighters and twelve fire companies operated at this incident.
Several families may have to seek the assistance of the American Red Cross for housing relocation.