HAMILTON, OH (FOX19) - The Red Cross is helping two families after a fire damages their home Monday afternoon.
A short time before 1:00p.m., Fire crews were called to the 1200 block of Hamilton Avenue for a report of heavy smoke coming from a two story, two family home.
The fire was brought under control in 15 minutes and was contained to the 2nd floor and attic area. The total fire damage is estimated to be at $20,000.
No one was injured in the fire and the Red Cross is helping the two families that lived in the home.
Officials say the cause is believed to be an overheated electrical cord to a dryer and has been considered accidental.