CINCINNATI, OH (FOX19) - Tickets for 2012 World Choir Games in Cincinnati will go on sale on March 1.
Tickets will then be available to:
- Opening Ceremony (July 4) and Closing Ceremony (July 14) at U.S. Bank Arena. Both events will feature the Cincinnati Pops Orchestra and May Festival Chorus. Details of each will be announced at a later date.
- Competitions (July 5, 6, 7, 11, 12, 13): There are Open and Champions Competitions in 23 musical categories. Choirs will compete in Aronoff Center for the Arts, Christ Church Cathedral, Cincinnati Masonic Center, Music Hall and the School for the Creative and Performing Arts. Duke Energy Convention Center may also play host to competitions.
- Celebration Concerts (July 5, 6, 8, 11, 12): Specially themed choral music concerts featuring some of the best choirs in the world.
- Awards Ceremonies (July 7, 8, 13, 14), U.S. Bank Arena: This is where choirs learn the results of their competitions and the Champion of the World Choir Games in each musical category is announced. Open Competition choirs receive gold, silver and bronze diplomas. Champions Competition choirs receiver gold, silver and bronze medals with one choir in each category – with the highest score from the judges – being named Champion.
- Champions Concerts (July 8, 14): Recently named Champions of the World Choir Games come together for a performance.
All dates and venues are tentative.
"With choirs still registering, it has not been possible to know exactly when, where and for how long some of the competitions will take place," said Jim Downs, senior director of operations for the Cincinnati Organizing Committee. "We did not want to put tickets on sale until we could put them all on sale."
So far, 209 choirs from 34 countries have registered to participate in the Games.
Ticket information and other news will be updated through www.2012worldchoirgames.com, Prelude (World Choir Games monthly e-newsletter), the 2012 World Choir Games Facebook page, Twitter, traditional and nontraditional media.