Fresh Fruit Tartlet
1 Cup Kiwi, Strawberries, Blackberries, Raspberries, Grapes, Mandarin Segments
(any fruit you would like)
1 1/3" Tartlet Shells
1/2 Cup Apricot Glaze or Preserves
1 T. Pastry Cream
Optional : Powdered Sugar
- Start by making the pastry cream.
- Slice any fruit that needs to be sliced.
- Take the tartlet shells and fill each about half way with the pastry cream.
- Arrange the fruit to your liking.
- Heat apricot glaze or preserves.
- Brush glaze or preserves over fruit.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate.
Ingredients For Pastry Cream
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a heavy saucepan, stir together the milk and 1/4 cup of sugar. Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and egg. Stir together the remaining sugar and cornstarch; then stir them into the egg until smooth. When the milk comes to a boil, drizzle it into the bowl in a thin stream while mixing so that you do not cook the eggs. Return the mixture to the saucepan, and slowly bring to a boil, stirring constantly so the eggs don't curdle or scorch on the bottom.