Family displaced after fire in Westwood - Cincinnati News, FOX19-WXIX TV

Family displaced after fire in Westwood

WESTWOOD, OH (FOX19) -

A family is staying with relatives after a fire in a Westwood home late Saturday morning.

Crews were called to the 3200 block of Stanhope Ave. at around 11:45 am Saturday. The Cincinnati Fire Department says that the fire started on the backyard porch and extended into the house.

It took firefighters about 10 minutes to knock down the main body of the fire. Crews were still on scene for about two hours afterwards.

The fire is believed to have been caused by a charcoal grill that was used on the back porch. It caused damage to the first floor kitchen and a second floor bathroom and closet. The damage is estimated at $15,000.

The family was not home at the time of the fire.

Copyright 2012 FOX19. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by Frankly