Electric space heater is to blame for house fire - Cincinnati News, FOX19-WXIX TV

Space heater is to blame for house fire in Evanston

EVANSTON, OH (FOX19) -

Authorities say an electric space heater is to blame for a house fire in Evanston on Saturday morning.

Crews responded to reports of a structure fire around 10:20 a.m. in the 3300 block of Bonaparte Ave. Firefighters made an aggressive interior attack to the attic of the home while the elderly owner took shelter from the elements in the basement.

No one was injured, including the 31 firefighters who responded to the scene of the fire. The damage is estimated at $15,000.

Copyright 2012 FOX19. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by Frankly