Hong Kong Barbecued Shrimp
Chef John Kinsella, Culinary Educator, Cincinnati State Community College
2 lbs. large shrimp: raw, headless or frozen
2 garlic cloves
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup lemon juice
3 tbl. fresh parsley or cilantro, finely chopped
2 tsp. green onions, finely chopped
1/2 tsp. fresh ground black pepper
4 oz. diced jalapeno peppers
1 cup tomato salsa
1. Thaw shrimp if frozen.
2. Shell and devine shrimp (by making a cut about 2 inches in the back), leaving tails on.
3. Arrange shrimp in shallow 1 1/2 quart dish.
4. In a small bowl, mash garlic cloves with salt.
5. Stir in remaining ingredients.
6. Pour marinade over shrimp and thread shrimp on skewers.
7. Grill 3 minutes, basting with marinade.
8. Turn & grill five minutes more, basting several times.
9. Reheat the rest of the marinade and use as a dipping sauce.