Food left cooking on stove causes Hamilton fire - Cincinnati News, FOX19-WXIX TV

Food left cooking on stove causes Hamilton fire

HAMILTON, OH (FOX19) -

One person was injured after a fire broke out early Thursday morning in Hamilton.

It happened just before 3 a.m. in the 300 block of North Third Street.

The fire was confined to the room of origin, the kitchen. Firefighters say the resident had fallen asleep with food left cooking on the stove. The stove then ignited, causing black smoke through the building.

One person was treated by medics at the scene and is expected to be OK.

Copyright 2012 WXIX. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly