OVER THE RHINE, OH (FOX19) - Fire crews say food left cooking on a stove is the cause of a fire that occurred Wednesday morning in Over the Rhine.
The fire broke out just after 9:30 a.m. in the 300 block of Seitz Street.
Upon arrival, companies found heavy smoke coming from the front door of a 3-story brick apartment building. Fire companies located the fire in a basement apartment. There was also a sub-basement located under the basement.
Companies were able to quickly knock the bulk of the fire down. It was confined to the basement apartment.
Damage is estimated at $10,000.