Sexual abuse victim files lawsuit against Cincinnati Children's - Cincinnati News, Weather, Sports from FOX19 NOW-WXIX

Sexual abuse victim files lawsuit against Cincinnati Children's

CINCINNATI, OH (FOX19) -

An anonymous victim and her guardians are seeking punitive damages in a civil lawsuit against Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center for negligence in not reporting sexual abuse of a minor.

According to the lawsuit, a registered sex offender brought his 4-year-old daughter to the hospital on January 3, 2008 with "active vaginal bleeding...and other obvious evidence of sexual abuse."

The suit says the father told the hospital she "had been injured by falling on a toy."

The father, Christopher Lukacs, was arrested and charged in 2009 for sexual abuse and is currently serving four consecutive life sentences in prison.

But it wasn't until March 31, 2008 that the hospital realized its patient was a victim of sexual abuse.

"We're going to find out more and more about what actually happened there at Children's Hospital beyond just what we could gather there through the medical records," says the victim's attorney Zach Gottesman.

Gottesman says the victim's guardians, her grandparents, brought her back to the hospital on March 31 for another evaluation and evidence of sexual abuse.

"Her father is a registered sex offender who had his name and picture with a prior sexual offense against a minor. Somebody should have checked that and if they would have done that and done that properly they would have put two and two together here because it was pretty obvious," says Gottesman.

Gottesman says he has not heard from Children's attorneys.

In an email to FOX19, Children's Hospital says it "...cannot comment on pending litigation."

The plaintiffs are demanding judgement in excess of $25,000 plus court costs.

Copyright 2012 WXIX. All rights reserved.

  • FOX19 HeadlinesMore>>

  • Trump leaves open possibility of bailing on meeting with Kim

    Trump leaves open possibility of bailing on meeting with Kim

    Thursday, April 19 2018 12:52 AM EDT2018-04-19 04:52:34 GMT
    Thursday, April 19 2018 1:47 PM EDT2018-04-19 17:47:18 GMT
    (AP Photo/Pablo Martinez Monsivais). President Donald Trump speaks to members of the media during a working lunch with Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, at Trump's private Mar-a-Lago club, Wednesday, April 18, 2018, in Palm Beach, Fla.(AP Photo/Pablo Martinez Monsivais). President Donald Trump speaks to members of the media during a working lunch with Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, at Trump's private Mar-a-Lago club, Wednesday, April 18, 2018, in Palm Beach, Fla.

    "If I think that if it's a meeting that is not going to be fruitful we're not going to go. If the meeting when I'm there is not fruitful I will respectfully leave the meeting," Trump told a news conference.

    Full Story >

    "If I think that if it's a meeting that is not going to be fruitful we're not going to go. If the meeting when I'm there is not fruitful I will respectfully leave the meeting," Trump told a news conference.

    Full Story >
  • Minnesota prosecutor won't file charges in Prince's death

    Minnesota prosecutor won't file charges in Prince's death

    Thursday, April 19 2018 12:42 AM EDT2018-04-19 04:42:26 GMT
    Thursday, April 19 2018 1:44 PM EDT2018-04-19 17:44:22 GMT
    (AP Photo/Chris O'Meara, File). FILE - In this Feb. 4, 2007 file photo, Prince performs during halftime of the Super Bowl XLI football game in Miami. Minnesota prosecutors are planning an announcement Thursday, April 19, 2018, in their two-year investi...(AP Photo/Chris O'Meara, File). FILE - In this Feb. 4, 2007 file photo, Prince performs during halftime of the Super Bowl XLI football game in Miami. Minnesota prosecutors are planning an announcement Thursday, April 19, 2018, in their two-year investi...

    A two-year probe into the overdose death of music superstar Prince is reaching a critical stage as a county prosecutor reveals whether criminal charges will be filed.

    Full Story >

    A two-year probe into the overdose death of music superstar Prince is reaching a critical stage as a county prosecutor reveals whether criminal charges will be filed.

    Full Story >
  • Southwest Airlines sought more time for engine inspections

    Southwest Airlines sought more time for engine inspections

    Thursday, April 19 2018 1:02 AM EDT2018-04-19 05:02:22 GMT
    Thursday, April 19 2018 1:44 PM EDT2018-04-19 17:44:08 GMT
    (NTSB via AP). National Transportation Safety Board investigators examine damage to the engine of the Southwest Airlines plane that made an emergency landing at Philadelphia International Airport in Philadelphia on Tuesday, April 17, 2018. The Southwes...(NTSB via AP). National Transportation Safety Board investigators examine damage to the engine of the Southwest Airlines plane that made an emergency landing at Philadelphia International Airport in Philadelphia on Tuesday, April 17, 2018. The Southwes...

    The Federal Aviation Administration's announcement late Wednesday comes nearly a year after the engine's manufacturer recommended the additional inspections, and a month after European regulators ordered their airlines to do the work.

    Full Story >

    The Federal Aviation Administration's announcement late Wednesday comes nearly a year after the engine's manufacturer recommended the additional inspections, and a month after European regulators ordered their airlines to do the work.

    Full Story >
Powered by Frankly