Kitchen fire causes $10,000 worth of damage to Madisonville home - Cincinnati News, FOX19-WXIX TV

Kitchen fire causes $10,000 worth of damage to Madisonville home

MADISONVILLE, OH (FOX19) -

A fire ignited in the kitchen of a home in Madisonville on Monday night.

Authorities say unattended cooking is to blame for the fire in the 6400 block of Erie Ave. While the family was able to safely get out, the family dog was briefly trapped inside the burning home. The dog was quickly rescued and taken to a nearby emergency veterinary clinic for treatment.

No working smoke detectors were found inside the building at the time of the fire. The estimated damage caused by the fire and smoke is around $10,000.

Copyright 2012 WXIX. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly