Victim takes the stand in ex-Bengal Nate Webster's sex trial - Cincinnati News, Weather, Sports from FOX19 NOW-WXIX

Victim takes the stand in ex-Bengal teen sex trial

CINCINNATI, OH (FOX19) -

The trial of a former Bengal who was indicted for having sex with a teenage girl continued Wednesday with testimony from the alleged victim. The defense has not yet had the chance to cross-examine the teen.

Nathaniel "Nate" Webster Jr. was indicted in 2011 on charges of gross sexual imposition, sexual battery and five counts of unlawful sexual conduct with a minor.

First to take the stand Wednesday was the teen's father who recalled the first time he had heard about their sexual relationship.

"My daughter told me, she says ‘Dad, there's something else I need to tell you because I can't keep it anymore.' I said ‘What's going on?' She says ‘Me and Nate have been having sex' and I go, ‘What?'," the father recalled.

On the stand, the teen stated that Webster had told her he loved her in October 2009, a date the teen says she highlighted on her calendar.

"He said he normally doesn't do this and I'm going to break the man code but ‘I love you'," the teen recalled.

During Wednesday's testimony the prosecution played a recording of a sequence of interactions between the teen and Webster which had been taped by police in the spring of 2011.

In the tapes, the teen brings up a fall 2009 incident where she and Webster had been found together in his car by the teen's mother.

Voice of teen: "I know that one time during Halloween where I was with you and then we had to pretend like I was with somebody else… I know that scared you."

Voice of Webster: "When your momma and daddy jumped out of the car?"

Voice of Teen: "What was that in like October two years ago? Was that about that time, like two years ago?"

Voice of Webster: "Yeah, that [expletive] was scary."

The prosecution alleges the relationship took place over a year and a half timeframe beginning in June 2009 when the teen was 15 years old and Webster was in his early 30's. They argue that Webster was a "predator" that "coerced" the teen into a sexual relationship. Prosecuting attorney Seth Tieger says Webster often provided the teen with marijuana before engaging in sex acts. Tieger stated the former Bengal player also got the teen a tattoo that included a heart with his initial that has since been covered up.

The defense argues the sexual relationship did not begin until the "troubled" teen was 16 and that their sexual interactions were "consensual".

The teen is the daughter of a former Bengals coach.

Webster was traded to the Bengals in 2004 after being drafted by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in 2000.

He signed as a free agent with the Denver Broncos in 2006. He hasn't played since 2008.

Last year, he was hired as the defensive coordinator for the Bellevue High School football team.

The trial will continue Thursday as the defense cross examines the alleged teen victim. The rest of the taped conversations are also expected to be played Thursday morning.

Copyright 2012 WXIX. All rights reserved.

  • FOX19 HeadlinesMore>>

  • Trump leaves open possibility of bailing on meeting with Kim

    Trump leaves open possibility of bailing on meeting with Kim

    Thursday, April 19 2018 12:52 AM EDT2018-04-19 04:52:34 GMT
    Thursday, April 19 2018 1:46 PM EDT2018-04-19 17:46:26 GMT
    (AP Photo/Pablo Martinez Monsivais). President Donald Trump speaks to members of the media during a working lunch with Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, at Trump's private Mar-a-Lago club, Wednesday, April 18, 2018, in Palm Beach, Fla.(AP Photo/Pablo Martinez Monsivais). President Donald Trump speaks to members of the media during a working lunch with Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, at Trump's private Mar-a-Lago club, Wednesday, April 18, 2018, in Palm Beach, Fla.

    "If I think that if it's a meeting that is not going to be fruitful we're not going to go. If the meeting when I'm there is not fruitful I will respectfully leave the meeting," Trump told a news conference.

    Full Story >

    "If I think that if it's a meeting that is not going to be fruitful we're not going to go. If the meeting when I'm there is not fruitful I will respectfully leave the meeting," Trump told a news conference.

    Full Story >
  • Minnesota prosecutor won't file charges in Prince's death

    Minnesota prosecutor won't file charges in Prince's death

    Thursday, April 19 2018 12:42 AM EDT2018-04-19 04:42:26 GMT
    Thursday, April 19 2018 1:44 PM EDT2018-04-19 17:44:22 GMT
    (AP Photo/Chris O'Meara, File). FILE - In this Feb. 4, 2007 file photo, Prince performs during halftime of the Super Bowl XLI football game in Miami. Minnesota prosecutors are planning an announcement Thursday, April 19, 2018, in their two-year investi...(AP Photo/Chris O'Meara, File). FILE - In this Feb. 4, 2007 file photo, Prince performs during halftime of the Super Bowl XLI football game in Miami. Minnesota prosecutors are planning an announcement Thursday, April 19, 2018, in their two-year investi...

    A two-year probe into the overdose death of music superstar Prince is reaching a critical stage as a county prosecutor reveals whether criminal charges will be filed.

    Full Story >

    A two-year probe into the overdose death of music superstar Prince is reaching a critical stage as a county prosecutor reveals whether criminal charges will be filed.

    Full Story >
  • Southwest Airlines sought more time for engine inspections

    Southwest Airlines sought more time for engine inspections

    Thursday, April 19 2018 1:02 AM EDT2018-04-19 05:02:22 GMT
    Thursday, April 19 2018 1:44 PM EDT2018-04-19 17:44:08 GMT
    (NTSB via AP). National Transportation Safety Board investigators examine damage to the engine of the Southwest Airlines plane that made an emergency landing at Philadelphia International Airport in Philadelphia on Tuesday, April 17, 2018. The Southwes...(NTSB via AP). National Transportation Safety Board investigators examine damage to the engine of the Southwest Airlines plane that made an emergency landing at Philadelphia International Airport in Philadelphia on Tuesday, April 17, 2018. The Southwes...

    The Federal Aviation Administration's announcement late Wednesday comes nearly a year after the engine's manufacturer recommended the additional inspections, and a month after European regulators ordered their airlines to do the work.

    Full Story >

    The Federal Aviation Administration's announcement late Wednesday comes nearly a year after the engine's manufacturer recommended the additional inspections, and a month after European regulators ordered their airlines to do the work.

    Full Story >
Powered by Frankly