Candle damage home in Hamilton - Cincinnati News, FOX19-WXIX TV

Candle causes $65 thousand in damage to home

HAMILTON, OH (FOX19) – The Hamilton Fire Department says a forgotten candle caused 65 thousand dollars in damage to a home at 1136 Ross Avenue Friday afternoon.

The Hamilton Fire Dept. responded to the house fire at 4:40 p.m. with four Engines Companies, one Truck Company, one Medic Unit, and one Battalion Chief.

On arrival, crews found heavy smoke coming from the rear of the home. One woman was out of the house prior to HFD arriving.

Crews made entry and made a quick knock down of the fire.  They were on scene for approximately 2 1/2 hours.

The investigation is complete and fire department says the cause was determined to be an unattended candle.  There was no report of injuries.

Copyright 2012 WXIX.  All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly