Unattended grill causes $30,000 worth of fire damage to home - Cincinnati News, FOX19-WXIX TV

Unattended grill causes $30,000 worth of fire damage

NORTHSIDE, OH (FOX19) -

Crews responded to a one-alarm house fire in Northside on Sunday afternoon.

A fire on the front porch had spread up the front and side exterior walls of the home in the 3900 block of Borden St. around 2:30 p.m. Authorities say an unattended grill is to blame for the fire.

The family, two adults and two children, got out of the home safely before crews arrived. The Red Cross helped the displaced family. No one was injured including the 31 firefighters who responded to the scene.

Damage is estimated at $30,000.

Copyright 2012 WXIX. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly