Juicy Lucy Blues!
- Total – 20 min
- Prep – 15 min
- Yield - 8 servings
- 4 pounds ground beef chuck
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 lb blue cheese
- 8 large whole wheat buns, split in half
- Your favorite fixings, such as sliced beefsteak tomatoes, romaine, and sliced red onions
- Green Olive Mayonnaise, recipe follows
Preheat a gas or charcoal grill, or a skillet if it's raining!
In a bowl, combine the beef, garlic, salt, pepper, cumin, and cinnamon and mix (mash) with hands. Divide into 16 equal patties.
In a separate bowl, crumble the cheese and form into 8 equal patties. Place 1 cheese patty on each of 8 beef patties. Top with remaining 4 beef patties, pinching the edges under to seal the cheese completely. (You can stop here and refrigerate the patties up to 2 days before grilling!)
When you're ready to grill, take the stuffed patties out of the fridge and let them come to room temperature. Place the patties on the grill and cook to desired temperature (about 2 to 3 minutes per side for medium-rare.) Place the buns on the grill, inside down, until just warmed through, about 30 seconds. Remove the patties and buns from the grill and place on serving plates. Garnish with lettuce, tomato, and red onion and serve with the Green Olive Mayonnaise.
Simple Green Olive Mayonnaise:
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- Pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ½ cup Spanish olives, chopped