With near-record high temperatures in the mid-90's expected this weekend, the Reds have recommendations for fans on how to stay cool and safe at Great American Ball Park:
• Courtesy cups of ice will be available at all concession stands.
• Fans will be permitted to bring opened bottles of water into the ballpark. (Unopened bottles of water and soft-sided coolers smaller than 16x16x8 are always permitted.)
• "Cool rooms" will be in operation with TVs so fans can watch the game. Please see a Reds staff member for escort to a cool room.
• Cool water vapor misting stations are setup near sections 106, 130, 517 and under the PNC Power Stacks in center field.
• Sun screen lotion will be available free at the TriHealth first aid stations.
• Fans should keep hydrated and drink plenty of fluids (preferably water) before and during the game.
• Extra care should be taken when exposing infants and elderly fans to these conditions as they are much more susceptible to heat-related illnesses.
• Any fans feeling weak or sick should let a Reds staff member know and medical aid will be summoned.
• Wheelchair assistance is always available. Please see a Reds staff member.
The Reds host the Colorado Rockies on Friday at 7:10 pm, Saturday at 7:15 pm and Sunday 1:10 pm.
TriHealth Event Medicine staffs an emergency medicine physician, ambulance with crew, critical care paramedics and nurses at each game. Additional staff are added as temperatures rise.
The Reds Hall of Fame & Museum and Reds Team Shops are also air conditioned.