HAMILTON, OH (FOX19) - A fire ignited in a building formerly known as Smart Papers in Hamilton on Monday.
Firefighters responded to the building in the 600 block of North B Street around 6 a.m. and found fire in the beams supporting the second floor.
Crews were on scene for about three hours and no injuries were reported. Authorities say the fire started due to the heat and sparks which came from the welding torches contractors were using to remove machinery from the building, although the cause has not been confirmed. The damage is estimated at $20,000.