Hamilton fire caused by overheated grease in kitchen - Cincinnati News, FOX19-WXIX TV

Hamilton fire caused by overheated grease

HAMILTON, OH (FOX19) -

Fire units were dispatched to a Hamilton residence Tuesday morning for a reported structure fire.

Firefighters from the City of Hamilton Fire Department arrived at 1161 Harmon Avenue to find that residents in the home had extinguished the fire, which started from a pan of grease overheating on the stove.

Although no structural damage was found, the fire scorched the residence's kitchen cabinets, in addition to causing smoke damage to various rooms in the house. Damage estimate to the residence is set at $2500.

The occupants were able to return to their home after firefighters ventilated the house for carbon monoxide. 

Two persons were attended to by medics on scene for a slight burn to the hand and smoke inhalation.  Both refused transport to the hospital.

Copyright 2012 WXIX. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly