2 families escape South Fairmont fire

SOUTH FAIRMOUNT, OH (FOX19) - Cincinnati fire crews battled a fire Tuesday morning in South Fairmont.

Flames broke out at a two-family home in the 2100 block of Clara Street at about 6:30 a.m.

Five adults and three children were able to safely escape the fire. No one was hurt. The Red Cross is assisting the families.

Investigators say the fire was started by an unattended candle. The fire caused about $50,000 in damage.

Copyright 2012 WXIX. All rights reserved.