A Monroe home is a total loss after an unattended fire pit caused the house to ignite on Sunday morning.
Crews say an occupant of the home in the 700 block of Davis Dr. woke up to the sound of glass breaking then saw a fire on the deck and outer wall of the home. Fire units arrived on the scene around 2:30 a.m. and began attacking the fire. Once control of the fire was gained, crews entered the home and found the family cat trapped under debris in the family room. The cat was rescued and treated with oxygen then given back to the family.
Units were at the home until about 6 a.m. No one was injured. Damage is estimated at more than $200,000 and the home is considered a total loss.
Tuesday, June 19 2018 9:12 PM EDT2018-06-20 01:12:25 GMT
Wednesday, June 20 2018 8:56 PM EDT2018-06-21 00:56:27 GMT
Nicole Hernandez, of the Mexican state of Guerrero, holds on to her mother as they wait with other families to request political asylum in the United States, across the border in Tijuana, Mexico, on Wednesday, June 13, 2018. (AP Photo/Gregory Bull)
Migrant babies and young children are being held in special "tender age" shelters after being taken from their parents at the US-Mexico border.