Police are investigating the death of an 11-month-old boy in Middletown early Tuesday morning.
It happened at the Trail Bridge Apartment Complex on Lafayette Avenue around 12:30 Tuesday morning.
The boy's mother, 19-year-old Taylor Franklin told police she was outside smoking a cigarette for about 7 or 8 minutes.
When she came back inside, she told police she found her 11-month-old son, Gerald Passmore, Jr., crawling on the floor with a spilled bottle of pills.
Officers told FOX19 the high blood pressure medication Franklin thinks the child ingested was being stored on a low shelf on top of a microwave.
Police say the bottle did not have a child-proof cap on it.
Franklin then drove Passmore to the Atrium Medical Center for treatment where he passed away shortly after they arrived.
Franklin's other three children were transported to the AMC for precautionary treatment. They checked out fine.
An autopsy is scheduled for later on Tuesday.
Police will be investigating how the pills ended up on the floor.
We do not know at this time if Franklin will face any charges.
Copyright 2012 WXIX. All rights reserved.
Take a look at an updated list of the Cincinnati CrimeStoppers Most Wanted - See photos. More>>
Faces of Meth™ is a project of the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office to show toll meth takes on ordinary people - See photos. More>>