CAMP WASHINGTON, OH (FOX19) - Local firefighters are warning homeowners, residents and motorists about the potential for grass and mulch fires with the hot and dry conditions.
The warning comes after a Camp Washington playground was destroyed by fire Wednesday afternoon. Fire investigators believe it may have been mulch fire or discarded cigarette that caused the blaze.
So how common is the issue? Area firefighters say they have been busy this month, putting out several grass and mulch all over the Tri-State.
Fire officials believe many of these fires started from cigarette butts.