Fire in assisted living facility injures one resident - Cincinnati News, FOX19-WXIX TV

Fire in assisted living facility injures one resident

ANDERSON TOWNSHIP, OH (FOX19) -

A fire ignited in a large assisted living facility in Anderson Township early Sunday morning.

Crews arrived at the New England Club shortly after midnight to find a fire in an occupied room and heavy smoke inside the building located in the 8100 block of Beechmont Ave. A 68-year-old man living in the room with the fire was taken to Anderson Mercy Hospital then transferred to University Airecare personnel and flown to University Hospital.

More crews were called in to help search nearby rooms, provide protection and move occupants. The fire was limited to the room where the fire broke out but smoke and water damage spread to other floors causing moderate damage. Authorities say careless smoking caused the fire.

Copyright 2012 WXIX. All rights reserved.

News Headlines

SLIDESHOW: Hawaii

Our sister station, Hawaii News Now put together this amazing slideshow of viewer pictures from the islands. See the photos here.
More>>

Powered by Frankly