Five victims displaced by Clifton house fire

CLIFTON, OH (FOX19) - A fire ignited in a home in Clifton on Tuesday night.

Crews say the fire broke out just before 6 p.m. in the single-family home. Fire companies found smoke and arching sounds coming from a two-story attached garage when they arrive and were able to isolate the fire to the underground electrical service cable.

Damage is estimated at $3,000.

The cause of the fire is a short circuit in the electric supply cable for the home.

Five residents have been relocated by The American Cross. No injuries have been reported.

Copyright 2012 WXIX. All rights reserved.