BATAVIA, OH (FOX19) - More charges have been filed against a Clermont County man who investigators say kidnapped and tortured children.
Michael Tringelof, 43, is now facing 33 counts. The indictment includes 15 counts of kidnapping, nine counts of abduction, and nine counts of endangering children. Miami Township Police say Tringelof, a father of two, had no prior criminal record.
"To do this to a child for your own personal pleasure is beyond comprehension," Miami Township Detective Greg Jenkins said.
Tringelof was arrested in June for allegedly tying up and torturing a victim in 2005. The victim was nine or ten years old at the time.
Since then, Miami Township Police say seven additional victims have come forward. They say all of these alleged incidents happened at Tringelof's former residence on Linden Drive between 1999 and 2001. Those victims include four boys and three girls who police say were between the ages of 6 and 12 at the time of the incidents.
While most alleged victims are now adults, two are still minors. Police say the victims are all believed to be either friends of Tringelof's two children, a babysitter, or simply neighborhood friends. Police believe all of the incidents to be sexually motivated.
The June incident occurred at a separate location. Police say Tringelof moved from his Linden Drive residence in 2003.
Police say Tringelof had his basement set up as a play area and game room at the Linden Drive residence. They say that is where he would tie the victims up with zip ties and other means, blindfold the kids, and then allegedly used everything from a feather duster to nails to poke them. Police say they believe the incidents lasted anywhere from a few minutes upwards of 30 minutes at a time. They say Tringelof threatened some of the children if they told and that a few of the victims were victimized more than once.
"It would start out as a tickle thing, as a tickle session and then it would move into more painful things that he would do to these kids," detective Jenkins told FOX19.
Police say they reached out to the FBI's Behavioral Science Unit once they learned of a 1986 allegation against Tringelof. That victim is now 37, and police say due to the statute of limitations they are not able to bring charges against Tringelof in that case. The allegation did, however, bring to light the 2005 allegation made by a young boy. Jenkins says that case had been closed because the boy's mother did not initially believe the story her son was telling.
"Some of these stories are outrageous and I can see where it would be tough for a parent to believe something like that would happen to their child," Jenkins said.
Detective Jenkins says they are continuing to ask anyone with information to reach out to police.
"Logic tells me that there may be more out there that are just afraid to come forward," Jenkins said. "I would say to them it's important for you to come forward and be heard so you can start on the healing process like some of these other kids have."
Tringelof was living with his mother before his June arrest.
Tringelof is currently being held at the Clermont County Detention Center on a $2 million bond.
In our commitment to balanced news, FOX19 attempted to contact Tringelof's attorney Thursday, but a reporter was unable to reach him by phone.