Fire causes $20,000 in damage to Cumminsville home - Cincinnati News, FOX19-WXIX TV

Fire causes $20,000 in damage to Cumminsville home

SOUTH CUMMINSVILLE, OH (FOX19) -

A fire ignited in a home in the Cumminsville area on Monday night.

Crews responded to the fire at the home in the 3600 block of Borden Street around 6:30 p.m. Smoke was coming from the rear of the home and the fire was found to be burning inside the walls.

Firefighters had to open the walls and ceilings from the basement to the roof to put out the fire. Authorities say the residents were home at the time but were unaware of the fire. They had noticed smoke coming from an electric clothes dryer in the basement then removed the clothes and unplugged the unit.

After an investigation, authorities found that the dryer ignited and the fire spread to the basement ceiling and into the walls.

The damage is estimated at $20,000 to the home and its contents. 31 firefighters responded to the fire and no one was injured.

Copyright 2012 WXIX. All rights reserved.

 

Powered by Frankly