QUICK EASY BARBEQUE SAUCE
This one will not leave you singin' "the blues…
½ C brown sugar
½ C powdered beef broth (( or beef soup starter)
2 Tbsp worchestershire sauce
2-3 Tbsp. bourbon
OR 1 Tbsp. cider vinegar
1. Mix ketchup, brown sugar, powdered beef broth and worchestershire sauce.
2. For a bourbon sauce: Add the bourbon
For a more tart sauce: Add the cider vinegar
For a sweet sauce: leave it as it is
3. Spread on precooked chicken ,ribs and pork chops in the last stage of cooking before serving as this sauce WILL blacken and burn if put on too soon.
4. Use as a serving sauce for barbequed meatballs or a "sloppy joe" base.
BARBEQUE MEATBALL HOAGIE
This is one of those really quick and inexpensive sandwiches which are great any time of year when you want to eat in a hurry or feed a crowd. These are a lifesaver during the fall sports seasons to eat before or after games or while watching your favorite football teams! ** This sandwich is NOT sold at our local festivals but it is so good- it should be !
Quick Easy Barbeque Sauce * ( or bottled barbeque sauce)
Hotdog or Hoagie Buns
Cole Slaw ( homemade or deli made)
1. Cook meatballs per package directions. ( Most cook up in minutes in the microwave)
2. Heat the sauce on the stove and put the meatballs in the sauce and heat together.
3. Split the buns and put 4-6 meatballs in each bun with some of the sauce.
4. Top with 1-2 Tbsp. cole slaw.
Serve with dill pickles , potato chips and cold vegetables on the side.
RECIPES FROM :CINCINNATI AND SOUP: FESTIVALS AND FROLICS - CHERI BRINKMAN MACGUFFIN PRODUCTIONS 2013 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED