Torch used to remove paint ignites Clifton fire

CORRYVILLE, OH (FOX19) - Crews battled flames at a one-alarm structure fire in Clifton on Wednesday.

The fire ignited in a two-story home in the 3100 block of Bishop Street just before 4 p.m.The majority of the fire was burning inside hidden structural areas making it difficult for firefighters.

The flames were brought under control and extinguished within 20 minutes. No one was home at the time of the fire and there were no reported injuries.

The fire began after a worker using a torch to remove paint left for lunch. The fire burned through the basement then extending throughout the house.

Damage is estimated at $50,000.

Copyright 2012 WXIX. All rights reserved.