Fire causes $35,000 in damage to Bond Hill home on Regent Ave. - Cincinnati News, FOX19-WXIX TV

Fire causes $35,000 in damage to Bond Hill home

BOND HILL, OH (FOX19) -

A fire ignited in a Bond Hill home on Monday afternoon.

The fire broke out around 1 p.m. in a two-story home in the 1100 block of Regent Avenue. Everyone was able to get out of the home before firefighters arrived as heavy smoke billowed from the second floor.

The bulk of the fire was brought under control within 10 minutes.  Authorities say a 9-year-old child knocked over a candle in the bathroom and caused the fire. The damage is estimated at $35,000 to the home and its contents.

Fortunately, the smoke detectors alerted the family and they were able to get out of the home safely. Two adults and three kids were displaced and are being assisted by Red Cross.

Copyright 2012 WXIX. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly