Kitchen fire causes $2,000 in damage to Mt. Airy home - Cincinnati News, FOX19-WXIX TV

Kitchen fire causes damage to Mt. Airy home

MT. AIRY, OH (FOX19) -

A fire ignited in a Mt. Airy home on Monday afternoon.

The owner of the home in the 5600 block of Colerain Ave. reported that her stove was on fire. Crews found a small fire involving the kitchen stove and cabinet above the stove then quickly extinguished the fire.

The fire broke out when the owner was cleaning her stove and ignited grease residue. She attempted to put out the fire before calling to report the emergency.

The damage to the home is estimated at $2,000. The resident suffered minor burns.

Copyright 2012 WXIX. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly