Employees evacuated after ammonia leak at Club Chef in Covington - Cincinnati News, FOX19-WXIX TV

Employees evacuated after ammonia leak in Covington

Posted: Updated:
COVINGTON, KY (FOX19) -

A Covington business was shut down most of the day on Sunday thanks to an ammonia leak.

About 160 employees of Club Chef were sent home around 11:30 a.m. as crews began working on the leak.

No one was hurt. Employees were allowed back in the building at about 9:30 p.m.

Crews tell us the leak came from a refrigeration unit and was contained to a small area. 

Club chef processes fresh fruit for restaurants and supermarkets. The food was tested to make sure it's safe before the business reopened.

Copyright 2012 WXIX. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow