Unattended cooking causes one-alarm fire in Avondale Friday - Cincinnati News, FOX19-WXIX TV

Unattended cooking causes one-alarm fire in Avondale

Posted: Updated:

Unattended cooking caused a one-alarm structure fire in Avondale Friday afternoon. 

Fire crews were called to 887 Clinton Springs around 3:44 where they discovered fire and smoke coming from the kitchen of a single family home. Crews initiated an aggressive interior attack and were able to quickly bring the fire under control. Firefighters were also able to limit fire damage to the area of origin. 

All residents had evacuated before crews arrived. Damage is estimated at around $5,000. Nineteen firefighters were utilized during the incident. No citizens or firefighters were injured.

Copyright 2012 WXIX. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow