Wednesday, June 12 2013 10:33 AM EDT2013-06-12 14:33:38 GMT
LSU Offensive Coordinator Cam Cameron received a Super Bowl ring from the Baltimore Ravens Tuesday in Baton Rouge.Cameron was released by the Ravens in week 14 of the 2012 season after a loss to the WashingtonFull Story >
Cameron was released by the Ravens in week 14 of the 2012 season after a loss to the Washington Redskins. The Ravens went on to beat the San Francisco 49ers 34-31 in the 2013 Super Bowl.Full Story >
Thursday, June 6 2013 11:05 AM EDT2013-06-06 15:05:52 GMT
The Philadelphia Eagles announced Thursday morning that the team had signed former LSU defensive lineman Bennie Logan to a four-year contract. The 6'2, 309 pound Logan was the Eagles 67th pick in the thirdFull Story >
The Philadelphia Eagles announced Thursday morning that the team had signed former LSU defensive lineman Bennie Logan to a four-year contract.Full Story >
Friday, May 31 2013 4:18 PM EDT2013-05-31 20:18:08 GMT
The Southeastern Conference will distribute approximately $289.4 million to the 14 league institutions in the revenue sharing plan for the 2012-13 fiscal year, which ends Aug. 31, 2013, according to leagueFull Story >
The $289.4 million is the highest total ever distributed in SEC history.Full Story >
Former LSU quarterback JaMarcus Russell has loss 50 pounds and at his new weight of 265 he is hoping for another chance at the NFL.NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports that there is now "significant" interestFull Story >
Former LSU quarterback JaMarcus Russell has loss 50 pounds and at his new weight of 265 he is hoping for another chance at the NFL.Full Story >
Wednesday, May 22 2013 1:05 PM EDT2013-05-22 17:05:31 GMT
CBS Sports announced Wednesday that the LSU - Arkansas football game will be played Friday, November 29th in Tiger Stadium. Kickoff is scheduled for 1:30 p.m. and can be seen on WAFB-TV.Alabama and TexasFull Story >
Kickoff in Tiger Stadium is scheduled for 1:30 p.m. and can be seen on WAFB-TV.Full Story >
SEC OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
6-1 • 210 • Jr. • Tampa, Fla.
• Murray completed 30-of-38 passes for a career-high 427 yards and four touchdowns with no interceptions in Georgia's 29-24 win at Kentucky.
• The 78.95 completion percentage against the Wildcats is a Georgia single-game record and his 30 completions were a career-best.
• The 427 yards were fourth-highest in school history and second best in the SEC this season.
• Murray is now Georgia's career leader in touchdown passes (75), which is tied for ninth in SEC history.
• He is the SEC active leader in five different categories and is third in the NCAA FBS in career pass efficiency rating (154.02).
SEC DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
6-2 • 245 • Jr. • Suwanee, Ga.
• Minter led the Tigers with 12 tackles, including a sack (-7 yards), an interception, one pass deflection and two quarterback pressures in LSU's 24-19 win at Texas A&M.
• He led a Tiger defense that held the Aggies - the SEC's top scoring offense - to 28 points below their season average. Tigers also held the SEC's leading rusher - QB Johnny Manziel - to just 27 yards on 17 attempts and no touchdowns for the first time this season.
• Minter's 3rd quarter interception halted an A&M drive in LSU territory.
• For the game, the Tiger defense forced five turnovers (three interceptions and two fumbles).
SEC SPECIAL TEAMS PLAYER OF THE WEEK
6-2 • 199 • So. • Brownsburg, Ind.
• Christy set a Gator single-game record, averaging 54.3 yards on seven punts, in Florida's 44-11 win against South Carolina.
• Six of his punts were for more than 50 yards, including a season-long 62 yarder and had one punt inside the 20-yard line.
• The 62-yard punt marked the third time in his career Christy has had a punt for more than 60 yards. Overall, he owns 24 punts over 50 yards in just two seasons for the Gators.
• Christy leads the nation and the SEC in punting average with a 47.49 average this season. The Gators also lead the nation in net punting, averaging 44.24 yards per attempt.
SEC OFFENSIVE LINEMAN OF THE WEEK
6-4 • 305 • So. • Hendersonville, Tenn.
• Enjoying the second start of his career, Townsend had 10 knockdown blocks in Vanderbilt's 17-13 win against Auburn.
• He also had four key blocks that led to either touchdowns or first downs for the Commodores.
• Townsend topped the Vanderbilt offensive line corps with a 88 percent performance grade and 97 percent effort grade.
• His performance helped senior Zac Stacy set the team's all-time rushing yardage record during a 169-yard effort. The Commodores rushed for 209 yards and a pair of scores against Auburn.
SEC DEFENSIVE LINEMAN OF THE WEEK
6-4 • 250 • Jr. • Rowlett, Texas
• Moore led Texas A&M with 10 total tackles, including eight solo stops, with two for losses (-4 yards), including a sack, a pass deflection and a quarterback pressure in the Aggies' 24-19 loss to LSU.
• Outside of LSU's three touchdown plays (combined 96 yards), the Aggie defense gave up 220 yards on 71 plays.
• Moore leads the NCAA FBS in tackles for loss (2.43 per game) and sacks (1.36 per game) this season.
SEC FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK
6-1 • 198 • Miami, Fla.
• Cooper set an Alabama freshman receiving record with 162 yards on seven receptions and two touchdowns in the Tide's 44-13 win at Tennessee.
• He scored the first touchdown of the game on a 23-yard pass and added a 42-yard TD catch in the third quarter.
• Cooper leads the Tide in receiving yards (425), touchdown catches (5) and receptions (28).
• Cooper's 15.18 yards per catch this season is third among all freshman in NCAA FBS.
OTHER OUTSTANDING PERFORMANCES FROM WEEK 8
QB A.J. McCARRON (Alabama) -- Completed 17-of-22 passes for a career-high 306 yards with four TDs and no interceptions against Tennessee.
LB CASSANOVA McKINZY (Auburn) -- In his first career start, tied for team-high 12 tackles with a forced fumble and fumble recovery against Vanderbilt.
CB LOUCHEIZ PURIFOY (Florida) -- Had three tackles, including one for a loss, and two forced fumbles against South Carolina.
ILB ALEC OGLETREE (Georgia) -- Recorded team-high 11 tackles, with one for a loss, against Kentucky.
P LANDON FOSTER (Kentucky) -- Punted six times against Georgia for 44.5 yard average with three inside the 20-yard line.
RB JEREMY HILL (LSU) -- True freshman rushed for career-high 127 yards and a touchdown at Texas A&M.
QB TYLER RUSSELL (Mississippi State) -- Completed 17-of-21 passes for 191 yards with three touchdowns and no interceptions against Middle Tennessee.
CB JOHNTHAN BANKS (Mississippi State) -- Tied for team-lead with eight tackles with an interception and two pass deflections against Middle Tennessee.
SPUR DeVONTE HOLLOMAN (South Carolina) -- Recorded eight tackles, including five solo stops, with two for losses,including a sack, against Florida.
P/PK MICHAEL PALARDY (Tennessee) -- Converted both field goals attempts (32 & 31 yards), averaged 48.2 yards on five punts and had two touchbacks on kickoffs against Alabama.
RB ZAC STACY (Vanderbilt) -- Rushed for 169 yards on 27 carries and a touchdown against Auburn. With the effort, became Vandy's all-time career rushing yardage leader with 2,670 yards.
Thursday, April 25 2013 7:03 AM EDT2013-04-25 11:03:18 GMT
(RNN) - Big guys are likely to be the stars of the show Thursday night when the NFL Draft again airs in primetime on ESPN, live from Radio City Music Hall. Barring unforeseen weirdness - which can neverFull Story >
The NFL Draft with all its drama and uncertainty airs live in prime time Thursday night. Luke Joeckel, Manti Te'o, SEC stars and borderline quarterbacks are among this year's mysteries.Full Story >
Thursday, April 18 2013 8:52 PM EDT2013-04-19 00:52:03 GMT
(RNN) - Spring practice in the SEC climaxes Saturday when five more teams hold their annual spring scrimmages. Interesting fact: So far the biggest attendance at a spring game this season was at KentuckyFull Story >
New coaches at Tennessee, Auburn and Arkansas will give us the first glimpse of their teams in Saturday's SEC spring games. Two-time defending national champion Alabama and Mississippi State also give fans a break from the long college football offseason.
Thursday, April 11 2013 7:00 AM EDT2013-04-11 11:00:16 GMT
Many Southeastern Conference football fans will finally get a look at their favorite teams this Saturday, April 13, and several of the annual spring games will be broadcast on TV and on the Web.Texas A&MFull Story >
Southeastern Conference fans are beginning to stir as South Carolina, Texas A&M, Ole Miss, Vanderbilt and Kentucky all hold their annual spring football games on Saturday, April 13.Full Story >
Monday, January 7 2013 6:00 AM EST2013-01-07 11:00:08 GMT
Miami (RNN) - Notre Dame coach Brian Kelly said the team that makes the most mistakes may well win tonight. Not a misprint.He explained that odd statement Sunday at the final news conference before theFull Story >
Notre Dame coach Brian Kelly said the team that makes the most mistakes may win tonight. He meant the team that takes the most chances, forces the action and sets the pace. Teams that do that make mistakes. But they cause the other guys to make mistakes, too. Full Story >
Sunday, January 6 2013 11:52 AM EST2013-01-06 16:52:47 GMT
Alabama head football coach Nick Saban and Notre Dame head football coach Brian Kelly shook hands Sunday morning in front of the Coaches' Trophy, the prize their two teams want to take home Monday night.Full Story >
Alabama head football coach Nick Saban and Notre Dame head football coach Brian Kelly shook hands Sunday morning in front of the Coaches' Trophy, the prize their two teams want to take home Monday night. Full Story >
635 W. 7th Street
Cincinnati, OH 45203
Switchboard: (513) 421-1919
Newsroom: (513) 421-0119
Press releases: desk@FOX19.com