Wednesday, June 19 2013 6:12 PM EDT2013-06-19 22:12:50 GMT
LOUISVILLE, KY (WAVE) – Four people have been shot in an condominium complex, according to MetroSafe. MetroSafe confirmed the shooting was reported at 4:27 p.m. Wednesday in the Lakeview condominium complex,Full Story >
According to MetroSafe, the shooting was reported at 4:27 p.m. Wednesday in the Lakeview condominium complex in the 1900 block of Gardiner Lane.Full Story >
Wednesday, June 19 2013 5:38 PM EDT2013-06-19 21:38:10 GMT
Single-game tickets for Bengals 2013 home games will be available to purchase beginning next Saturday, June 29. Sales will begin at 10 a.m. and initially will be handled exclusively through TicketmasterFull Story >
Single-game tickets for Bengals 2013 home games will be available to purchase beginning next Saturday, June 29.Full Story >
Wednesday, June 19 2013 5:33 PM EDT2013-06-19 21:33:30 GMT
Witnesses at Kekahakai State Park's Mahaiula Beach on the Big Island of Hawaii say someone was bitten by a shark Tuesday afternoon. A spokesperson for the Department of Land and Natural Resources confirmsFull Story >
Officials say a Kona beach remains closed Wednesday after a shark bit a swimmer Full Story >
NACOGDOCHES, TX (KTRE) -
A house built in the late 1800s burned to the ground Tuesday night in what fire investigators believe could have started with a gas leak.
The house, which had been divided into three apartments, had five occupants. Two were in the house at the time of the fire, but escaped safely. It is located on Hospital Street.
According to investigators, one of the residents had turned on an electric heater and then heard a "whoosh."
"I was in this apartment," Russ Havard, one of the home's occupants, said. "It made a little spark, and that's when I heard the noise behind the vent right there."
He opened the closet, saw a wall of fire, and got the other resident out safely.
"And the flames were probably already up in the ceiling about a quarter of the way."
Havard had seconds to call 911 and search for occupants. He found none. However, he didn't know that a hearing-impaired tenant was asleep in one of the units, totally unaware of the blaze. Fortunately, a neighbor reminded him of the possibility.
"And that was exactly what was going on, and he was kinda coming out coughing when they knocked the door in," Havard said.
Firefighters were called to the scene around 8 p.m.
Investigators believe there may have been a gas leak behind the walls. Once the heater came on, it sparked the fire.
"There was raw gas coming out of the main pipe in that room going straight into the attic space, and it spread pretty quick through the attic," Del Birdwell, a fire marshal with the Nacogdoches Fire Department, said.
The deaf man's hearing aids burned. The graduate art student lost her original works. An out-of-town tenant had to ask a friend to look for a cherished memory of her recently deceased dad. There were losses, but everyone is safe and grateful.
"The firefighters were great and the neighbors were just incredible, so that's the main thing I want to say."
Wednesday, June 19 2013 9:29 AM EDT2013-06-19 13:29:19 GMT
NEW WEST MINISTER, CANADA (WAVE) - A second grader with a disability was seemingly shunned during a class picture. For Anne Belanger, the photo was completely unacceptable. Her son, Miles, was pushedFull Story >
A second grader with a disability was seemingly shunned during a photo shoot at his elementary school.Full Story >
Tuesday, June 18 2013 12:44 PM EDT2013-06-18 16:44:03 GMT
The "Prescription Product" line will be discontinued from national retail company, Urban Outfitters, following a plea from 24 Attorney Generals last month, including Ohio's Attorney General, Mike DeWineFull Story >
The "Prescription Product" line will be discontinued from national retail company, Urban Outfitters, following a plea from 24 Attorney Generals last month, including Ohio's Attorney General, Mike DeWine and Kentucky Attorney General Jack Conway.Full Story >
Wednesday, June 19 2013 1:47 PM EDT2013-06-19 17:47:57 GMT
DENVER (KUSA/CNN) - A military widow wants to know why another woman's name is engraved on her husband's headstone. She discovered the mistake while visiting his grave at Fort Logan Cemetery in Denver. "IFull Story >
A military widow wants to know why another woman's name is engraved on her husband's headstone.Full Story >
Wednesday, June 19 2013 10:23 AM EDT2013-06-19 14:23:12 GMT
(CNN) – More than 23,000 pounds of ground beef products are being recalled on fears they may be contaminated with E. coli bacteria. The recalled cases come from the National Beef Packing Company, basedFull Story >
More than 23,000 pounds of ground beef products are being recalled on fears they may be contaminated with E. coli bacteria.Full Story >
Wednesday, June 19 2013 12:15 PM EDT2013-06-19 16:15:45 GMT
Police are trying to identify two victims following an assault in Clifton. Authorities say that two men assaulted a victim, took the victim's wallet and used the victim's bank card. The assault occurredFull Story >
Police have arrested two teenagers following an assault in Clifton. Full Story >
Wednesday, June 19 2013 3:39 PM EDT2013-06-19 19:39:28 GMT
Police are in the 2400 block of Canterbury Avenue in Golf Manor investigating the report of two people shot. Few details are available at this time but canine units and an ambulance are on the scene. FOX19Full Story >
Golf Manor police officer Michael Forrest says an unknown individual went to the rear of the home and from the back patio shot several rounds into the bedroom. Full Story >
635 W. 7th Street
Cincinnati, OH 45203
Switchboard: (513) 421-1919
Newsroom: (513) 421-0119
Press releases: desk@FOX19.com