Cause released for Hamilton Ludlow St. house fire from Saturday - Cincinnati News, FOX19-WXIX TV

Pan of grease to blame for Ludlow St. fire

Posted: Updated:
HAMILTON, OH (FOX19) -

We now know the cause of a Hamilton house fire.

Ten people were displaced from their home after a fire at 739 Ludlow Street on Saturday.

Fire fighters say the two-story wood home went up in flames after a pan of grease was left on the stove with the burner still turned on. The fire spread to the second floor.

Seven residents had evacuated the home before crews arrived. 

Officials say it took 25 fire fighters to get the blaze under control.

None of them were injured.

Damages are estimated to be $50,000. The Red Cross is providing assistance to residents who have been displaced.

Copyright 2012 WXIX. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow