Grease from turkey deep fryer sets Fairmount home ablaze Sunday - Cincinnati News, FOX19-WXIX TV

Grease from turkey deep fryer sets Fairmount home ablaze

Posted: Updated:
FAIRMOUNT, OH (FOX19) -

A one-alarm fire broke out at a home on the 1900 block of Harrison Avenue Sunday.

The fire happened just before noon, but fire crews were able to put the flames out quickly and no one was injured.

Investigators say the fire started when grease from a turkey that was being deep fried splashed onto the paneling on the home.

Damage is estimated at $5,000.

Copyright 2012 WXIX. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow